Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26th Update

I’m sorry that I’m just now getting this blog updated. This month has been a crazy one with 10 doctor appointment and everything that goes along with the Christmas season.  I tried to make this year’s as low key as possible for myself. Today I'm not feeling the best after a wonderful and busy Christmas. I was able to enjoy my Christmas with my medical issues only in the background, instead of forefront which felt amazing. It also felt great to take some of the cooking and cleaning work off of my mom, because she’s always picking up the slack for me.  

I saw all of my current doctors in the month of December. I kind of have more questions, now besides answers but that's the way the cookie crumbles for me here lately. I still have several appointments in January though.

 I've dropped 10 pounds and 4 pant sizes but none of my doctors are concerned because I'm not malnourished. I haven't had to have IV fluids, for a two month time frame. My doctors are keeping an eye on things. Some days I have a huge appetite, hungry all of the time, food/drinks don't bother my stomach or cause any problems. Other days a sip of water can cause pain, nausea and make my stomach bloat up to the point that I look at least 5 months pregnant for hours or even days. Most of the time it doesn’t matter what I eat beside dairy, really fatty/greasy, spicy, popcorn, eggs, and any foods with a lot of fiber in it.

I’ve been vomiting a lot more in the last month, then I normally do.  I think that is being caused by the pretty bad vertigo that’s caused by all of the fluid in my ears. I saw an ENT a couple weeks ago but I didn’t like him. He put me on medication that I was allergic. He told me that I just had air/pressure in my middle ear, even though there is clearly fluid in them. I was able to schedule an appointment for the first part of next year with a different ENT, that was personally recommended to me by a friend.

I’ve also seen an urologist several times in the last couple of months. The testing she did last week I found out that for some reason its takes all of my pelvic muscles and some of my abdominal muscles just for me to pee. This is a new issue that has popped up. which she and my primary care doctor believes is being caused by a nervous system problem. I do have an appointment to see a neurologist towards the end of January. Until then my urologist is trying several different medications with the hopes that it will take care of the issue. If they don’t,  the next step would be pelvic floor physical therapy.    

I'm starting to get some of my strength back. I'm really pushing myself to get back to walking at least every other day. I plan on trying to get back to Pilates in the next couple of weeks. Also, there has been an improvement on the coping front. I have found that I seem to do better overall, if I don’t push through it. I schedule all of my appointments in the mornings, going to liquids or baby food when needed, and taking medication when needed also .

A social security disability hearing has finally been scheduled for the end of March. I hope to get approved for disability for several reasons, but mainly to get health insurance through the state. My COBRA insurance runs out in June. Due to having multiple pre-existing conditions I am unable to get health insurance any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment