Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5th Update

Went back to the ENT this morning for my last post-op visit and to get a tube put in my ear. It ended up being only a post-op visit because my eustachian tubes have become unblocked most of the way since the inflammation has started going down from my sinus surgery. The ENT said from what my sinus look like now you would never know that I recently had sinus surgery or even had sinus problems. So for now I'm able to avoid ear tubes and physical therapy for my balance so unless I take a turn for the worse or get an infection I don't have to go back to see him until July. He said I should continue to get better as time passes with regards to my balance, ear pain/pressure, sinus pressure/pain, sinus headaches, sinus drainage, and dizziness. 

Not much else has changed with my health. Still vomiting on a consistent basis but have been able to keep myself pretty hydrated so I've only had to get IV fluids once in the last 5 months. My primary care doctor put me on a medication that is helping me sleep better and might even help with some of my nausea. Eating is still day to day but I haven't lost anymore weight which is a good thing. I'm still having kidney and bladder problems when it comes to urinating but I will be starting urgent pc therapy (http://www.uroplasty.com/patients/urgentpc) once a week for the next 12 weeks as soon as it gets approved by my health insurance company. I went off of the medication for migraines because even at a pretty high dose it wasn't helping a lot but since I went off of it my migraines have got worse. My GYN thinks my issues when it comes to my issues in that area actually are being caused by my GI system and putting me on medications seems to make it worse and really the only option that would help would be a hysterectomy which due to my age isn't an option. 

Otherwise I've been trying to prep for my disability hearing at the end of the month and our yard sales which also will begin at the end of this month. I'm really trying to work smarter and not harder this year since we have some experience and my medical bills continue to add up (I've already paid over $6,000 since the beginning of the year) and my endurance isn't nearly as high as it was this time last year. Please email me at craigslist_seller_tiffany@yahoo.com if you want more information about our yard sales and/or have items that you would like to donate. Thank you ahead of time for this and all of your good thoughts/prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment